Resolving the "Authentication failed" Error with Git for Windows

Today I tried to clone a repo with Git but received the error "fatal: Authentication failed for (URL)". I wasn't sure why I was getting this error when everything was working fine last week. Then I realized that I'd had to change my domain password yesterday, and my stored credentials needed to be updated.

To do so, on Windows 10, right-click on the start button and select Control Panel. Then select Credential Manager. From there, select Windows Credentials and find your Git URL under the Generic Credentials section shown below.


Click on the URL or the arrow to the right of it to view the information associated with it. Click Edit to change your stored password.


I hope this helps!




Comments

Popular Posts

Resolving the "n timer(s) still in the queue" Error In Angular Unit Tests

Silent Renew and the "login_required" Error When Using oidc-client

How to Get Norton Security Suite Firewall to Allow Remote Desktop Connections in Windows

Fixing the "Please add a @Pipe/@Directive/@Component annotation" Error In An Angular App After Upgrading to webpack 4

How to Determine if a Column Exists in a DataReader