Retro Review: The Invisible Man

Synopsis
A mysterious stranger arrives at an Inn, freaks everyone out, throws a guy down a flight of stairs, and then begins a reign of terror.

Review
I hated this movie, for the simple fact that I hated the villain. In that aspect, the film succeeds in providing a detestable antagonist, but I loathed him so much that the film just made me angry. I don't usually get like that...and actually, I'm trying to think of another movie with a character I despised and I'm drawing a blank.

This film is considered a classic and is based on a novel by H.G. Wells. From a technical standpoint, the film does a great job with the invisibility illusion, such as when the main character removes some of his bandages, revealing nothing but emptiness underneath. When it comes to these classic Universal Monster movies, sometimes I find I dislike the original film but more enjoy the lesser-known sequels, so I have to wonder if that will be the case with the Invisible Man series of films as well.

Comments

Popular Posts

Resolving the "n timer(s) still in the queue" Error In Angular Unit Tests

Silent Renew and the "login_required" Error When Using oidc-client

How to Get Norton Security Suite Firewall to Allow Remote Desktop Connections in Windows

Fixing the "Please add a @Pipe/@Directive/@Component annotation" Error In An Angular App After Upgrading to webpack 4

How to Determine if a Column Exists in a DataReader