Retro Review: The Wolf Man

Synopsis
A guy returns home and runs afoul of a local werewolf.

Review
My first exposure to Lon Chaney Jr. (credited here simply as Lon Chaney, not to be confused with his father) as The Wolf Man was in The House of Frankenstein. I haven't been watching these Universal Monster films in order, and that was the first one I'd seen with The Wolf Man. I was immediately impressed with Chaney's performance, his talent as an actor really standing out. I was curious as to how his character's story began, and this film doesn't disappoint. The story is well thought out and Chaney is exceptional as Larry Talbot, a guy who has an unfortunate chance encounter with a werewolf. Bela Lugosi also appears, playing a character named "Bela" (go figure). This one's a classic. Each Halloween season I check out a few more of these Universal Monster films, watching ones I haven't watched yet, but I think next season I'll give this one another go even before I've finished the other films.

Comments

Popular Posts

Resolving the "n timer(s) still in the queue" Error In Angular Unit Tests

Silent Renew and the "login_required" Error When Using oidc-client

How to Get Norton Security Suite Firewall to Allow Remote Desktop Connections in Windows

Fixing the "Please add a @Pipe/@Directive/@Component annotation" Error In An Angular App After Upgrading to webpack 4

How to Determine if a Column Exists in a DataReader