Retro Review: The Mummy's Ghost

Synopsis
The Mummy terrorizes New England. Again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Review
This movie is almost an exact copy of the previous film, The Mummy's Tomb, which I enjoyed (read my review here -- shameless plug). So why didn't I like this one?

For starters, I didn't find any of the characters likable. The plot was too similar to the previous film -- I was hoping for something different this time around. This was just more of the same. There's an additional plot twist this time around, with the main character (Biff? Joe? Butch?) having a girlfriend of Egyptian descent who has a strange connection to the Mummy and (SPOILER) is the reincarnation of the Mummy's old love...which was part of he plot of the original film.

It did have an ending I didn't expect. I'll give it that much.

It just felt like a rehash. Also, I'm not sure why it was called The Mummy's Ghost. Unless I missed something, he was just the same old undead Mummy we'd seen in the previous two films. Nothing ghostly about him.

One more to go: The Mummy's Curse. There's also Abbott and Costello Meet The Mummy, but I'm not sure how/where/if that falls into Mummy Canon. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts

Resolving the "n timer(s) still in the queue" Error In Angular Unit Tests

Silent Renew and the "login_required" Error When Using oidc-client

How to Get Norton Security Suite Firewall to Allow Remote Desktop Connections in Windows

Fixing the "Please add a @Pipe/@Directive/@Component annotation" Error In An Angular App After Upgrading to webpack 4

How to Determine if a Column Exists in a DataReader