Obscure Music: The New World of Leonard Nimoy

This, here, is the last of Leonard Nimoy's five albums. Five albums. Some of my favorite bands haven't had five albums, yet somehow Leonard Nimoy did.

It's also the only one of Nimoy's albums not to be available on iTunes. It may have something to do with one or more of the cover tunes featured on it.

Where to begin...okay, so, Leonard's not exactly the best singer. And when I mentioned to a friend of mine that I was listening to this, he asked "Why do you hate your ears so much?" Included here are covers of Proud Mary by Credence Clearwater Revival, and Everybody's Talkin' by Harry Nilsson, either one of which could be the reason why this isn't available on iTunes.

I just noticed that Leonard's headshot is different in each of the squares on the album cover...that very sparse, minimalistic album cover. Apparently, that new world of Leonard Nimoy's has some wide margins and a lot of purple.

I have to admit that I find something very relaxing about Nimoy's albums. I can't explain it. Sometimes I'll put them on as background music when I'm writing code. I wouldn't consider them good albums by any stretch of the imagination, but they can be entertaining at times. He was a talented actor, director, and photographer. Not so much a singer. But hey, he tried. And these strange albums of his help me unwind. As fan of weird/obscure/bad music, I'm happy to have this in my collection.

Comments

Popular Posts

Resolving the "n timer(s) still in the queue" Error In Angular Unit Tests

Silent Renew and the "login_required" Error When Using oidc-client

How to Get Norton Security Suite Firewall to Allow Remote Desktop Connections in Windows

Fixing the "Please add a @Pipe/@Directive/@Component annotation" Error In An Angular App After Upgrading to webpack 4

How to Determine if a Column Exists in a DataReader