A Moment To Catch My Breath

It's been a few months since I've written anything here. Things have been extremely hectic, and any downtime has usually been spent trying to relax and recharge.

In fact, I haven't had time to think about what to write here, so this blog entry will be a hodge-podge of miscellaneous thoughts and updates.

I've been playing the new Mortal Kombat game. When I heard it would be moving back to a 2D fighting plane, and doing a "Let's go back in time and have an alternate history of the first three games (a la the latest Star Trek film)", I had absolutely no interest. But the pulled it off very well. Yes, I do miss the strategy and depth allowed by a 3D plane, and miss the multiple fighting styles that the characters have had in the last 3 games, but what's there is really good, and I love the addition of a 2-Player tag team co-op mode -- my son and I enjoy playing this together.

I like the focus on characters from the first 3 games, though the downloadable characters so far have included 2 (so far) from the later games. While I love the depth added to the Mortal Kombat games starting with Deadly Alliance, I've found any of the characters introduced after MK3 to be lacking. I feel that once artist John Tobias left, the new characters suffered. I can't name the full roster of any game after UMK3. Years ago, I had even planned of posting a list of the ten worst MK characters. Some are just so generic and unappealing (IMHO): Tanya? Jerec? Reiko? And even Ed Boon doesn't like Drahmin or Hsu Hao.

Music-wise, I've been listening to Disturbed, as well as compiling my list of all-time faves from the '70s. I've found I have an appreciation for history and pop-culture, especially from the '60s and '70s. It's the little things.

And Microsoft has finally released an upgrade to their Sync software. Last Thursday evening I discovered that, once again, the Sync system in my car had stopped recognizing certain voice commands, and I feared another fuse reset was in order. I was surprised to find a new update available (and that the Sync website had been corrected to actually allow you to download the update -- the long-standing JavaScript error had been corrected), and applying the update corrected the issue without the need for me to pull the fuse yet again. Let's hope this update finally corrects the problem for good.

Comments

Popular Posts

Resolving the "n timer(s) still in the queue" Error In Angular Unit Tests

Silent Renew and the "login_required" Error When Using oidc-client

How to Get Norton Security Suite Firewall to Allow Remote Desktop Connections in Windows

Fixing the "Please add a @Pipe/@Directive/@Component annotation" Error In An Angular App After Upgrading to webpack 4

How to Determine if a Column Exists in a DataReader