How to Set Who Gets Notified When a Data Extension Import Occurs in Marketing Cloud

Some time ago, I created a data extension in Marketing Cloud and somehow set up a way to get an email notification when one of our scheduled processes kicked of an import. But recently, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how I set up the import notification part, and I was unable to find the setting in the Marketing Cloud UI. Finally, with a little Googling, and by narrowing down what I was searching by, I found it.

Here's how you can set the email address to have the Data Extension Import Notification sent to.  Hopefully this can help someone else in the same situation.

1. From the main Marekting Cloud dashboard, select Contact Builder under the Audience Builder menu. (While I had been trying to figure all of this out I had been looking at the Data Extension configuration, and then tried looking for the Import Definition -- I couldn't image it would be under the Contact Builder section.)
2. Select Imports from the top nav bar.
3. Find the import definition in the grid and click on the link in the Definition Name column.
4. In the Import Settings section, find the area labeled Notifications and add/change the email address to be notified. Note that it can only be one email address, not multiple addresses.

Comments

Popular Posts

Resolving the "n timer(s) still in the queue" Error In Angular Unit Tests

Silent Renew and the "login_required" Error When Using oidc-client

How to Get Norton Security Suite Firewall to Allow Remote Desktop Connections in Windows

Fixing the "Please add a @Pipe/@Directive/@Component annotation" Error In An Angular App After Upgrading to webpack 4

How to Determine if a Column Exists in a DataReader